OPERATING AND CHANGING INSTRUCTIONS LOCK MODELS: R6730, R6735, R6738-1SW, R6720, R6725 Sargent and Greenleaf locks
Before operating the gun safe lock or changing the combination, READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY.
At the top of the dial ring and index is provided for nor normal dialing and opening. At the side of the opening index, a changing index is provided for use only when setting a new combination.
This is a precision lock, therefore, extreme care must be used to align the combination numbers with the index.
Turn the dial slowly and steadily. If, after turning the correct number of revolutions, any number is turned beyond the index, the entire series of combination numbers must be re-dialed.
DO NOT TURN BACK TO REGAIN A PROPET ALIGNMENT WITH THE NUMBERS.
Each time a selected number is aligned with the opening index, a revolution is counted.
TO UNLOCK ON A 3 NUMBER COMBINATION - For Example 50-25-50
1. Turn dial to the LEFT, stopping when "50" is aligned with the opening index, the FOURTH time.
2. Turn dial to the RIGHT, stopping when "25" is aligned with the opening index, the THIRD time.
3. Turn dial to the LEFT, stopping when "50" is aligned with the opening index, the SECOND time.
4. Turn dial slowly to the RIGTH until the bolt retracts.
TO LOCK Turn dial to the LEFT at least four full revolutions.
BEFORE CLOSING THE UNIT, try the new combination several times, using the opening index.
WARNING: NEVER INSERT THE CHANGING KEY IN THE LOCK WHEN THE COVER IS REMOVED. ALWAYS BE CERTAIN THAT THE WING OF THE CHANGING KEY IS ENTIRELY WITHIN THE LOCK BEFORE TURNING THE KEY.
CHANGING TO A NEW COMBINATION
Make up a new combination selecting 3 sets of numbers of your own choosing. DO NOT use numbers between 0 and 20 for your last number. For maximum security, DO NOT use numbers ending in 0 or 5 and DO NOT use numbers in a rising or falling sequence 35-50-75 is not as good a combination as 54-38-72.
1. Using the changing index, dial the existing combination as explained above.
2. Hold the dial with the last number at the changing index, and insert the changing key in the key hole in the back of the lock. Insert the key until the wing is entirely inside the lock and comes to a positive stop.
3. Turn key one quarter turn to the LEFT. With the changing key in this position, turn the dial to the LEFT, stopping when the first number of the newly selected combination aligns with the changing index the FOURTH time.
4. Turn dial to the RIGHT, stopping when the second number is aligned with the changing index, the THIRD time.
5. Turn the dial to the LEFT, sopping when the third number is aligned with the changing index, the SECOND time. Holding the dial in this position, turn the changing key back to the RIGHT and remove it. The new combination you have chosen is now set in the lock.
IF AN ERROR HAS BEEN MADE IN SETTING A NEW COMBINATION, we suggest that an accredited locksmith be called or call us.