6 Tips for Buying a Gun Safe Online
Shopping for gun safes on the world wide web can be economical and convenient. With the holiday seasons just around the corner more shoppers have decided to do a lot more of their shopping online. Just be cautious of scams as criminals work around the clock to find defenseless victims.
To reduce the potential risk of a scam follow this 6 tips to ensure your online shopping experience is a pleasant one this holiday season :
- Beware of fraudulent companies. Take special measures to ensure you are dealing with a legitimate company one way to do this is to ask for references. Once you receive them make sure you verify them. This will positively establish a good feeling of the company's reputation from other people's experiences.
- Make sure you are doing business with a reputable company. Check with the Better Business Bureau for a reliability report. The investigative report will include how long the company has been in business, their complaint history and whether the business participates in BBB programs.
- Check if they have an address or telephone number in their website. Contact the phone number and establish verbal communication with someone in the company prior to making a purchase. If you cannot get a hold of anyone after you called or do not receive a follow up call, you can assume that something is wrong.
- Use your credit card or debit card for transactions done online most major credit card companies will offer you additional benefits and protection against identity theft. Under the fair credit billing act, you will be protected from any unauthorized charges. Most credit card companies will reimburse you for charges made by an unauthorized user.
- Keep copies of all e-mails, faxes, correspondences and other important documents interchanged between you and the company. Keep this documentation handy and in order in case you needed. Some credit card companies will ask you for this information if necessary.
- Generic automated emails are a sign of bad customer service. A reputable company will take the time to generate a personalized email for each one of their customers, focusing on their needs and helping them with specific information to fulfill their necessary requirements.